What is Joker Poker?
Joker Poker is a mixture of traditional slots and poker. The game looks and feels very similar to online slots. The main difference being that the game is played with digital cards that you control with buttons and you can actually predict the outcome of the game. This makes Joker Poker a game of skill.
The history of Joker poker began back in the late 1800s and early 1900s, when also other forms of poker started to appear. But it was during the 1980s when Joker Poker became popular to the wider gambling audience. Especially with the help of a company named IGT, who had the vision to combine machines with the functions of a slot.
Joker Poker Rules
Joker Poker features 53 cards, including a joker card. When you start the game, you get 5 cards. The joker card can be used as a wild card.
The benefit of a wild card is that you get more combinations to create hands with a 53 card deck, which includes both regular cards and a joker card.
The goal in Joker Poker is to get the best possible hand from 5 cards. You win when you have created a valid winning combination with your 5 cards. You can see all winning hands (ranking of hands) further down in this guide.
During the gameplay, you will have the option to keep all of your 5 cards (Hold) or discard and get new cards (Deal).
Joker Poker Gameplay
Simply follow the steps below to play Joker Poker Online:
- Choose an online casino from our list of Indian online casinos that offer Joker Poker.
- Choose your favorite Joker Poker game. You can choose to play the game for free or with real money.
- Select your desired bet amount. Use the plus (+) and minus (-) buttons to increase or decrease the bet size.
- Use the button “Max Bet” button to bet with the maximum bet amount. Or click on “Bet One” button to bet 1 credit.
- Click on the button “Deal” to get dealt 5 random cards out of 53 cards, including a joker card.
- Choose which card or cards you want to discard, by clicking on the card or cards. You can also use the button “Hold” to keep all of your cards.
- Click on the “Deal” button to get new random cards on the screen.
- If you are lucky, your combination of cards is a winning hand and you can now cash out your winnings if you want.
- To cash out your winnings, login to the cashier at the casino, go the banking section and select you desired withdrawal method.
Joker Poker Ranking of Hands
Check this table to find all winning hands from best to worst:
|Hand||Explanation of the hand|
|Natural Royal Flush||Ace, King, Queen, Jack, Ten of the same suit|
|Five of a Kind||5 Cards of one rank. |
Example: ♥️3, ♥️3, ♥️3, ♥️3, ♥️3
|Joker Royal Flush||Joker, King, Queen, Jack, Ten of a suit|
|Straight Flush||5 cards in a row of the same suit. |
Example: ♥️Q, ♥️J, ♥️10, ♥️9, ♥️8
|Four of a Kind||4 cards of one rank,1 card of another rank. |
Example: ♣️9, ♠️9, ♦️9, ♥️9, ♥️J
|Full House||3 cards of one rank, 2 cards of another. |
Example: ♣️3, ♠️3, ♦️3, ♣️6, ♥️6
|Flush||5 cards of the same suit, not in a row. |
Example: ♣️K, ♣️10, ♣️7, ♣️6, ♣️4
|Straight||5 cards in a row, from lowest to highest. |
Example: 5,6, 7, 8, 9
|Three of a Kind||3 cards of one rank. 2 cards of 2 other ranks. |
Example: ♦️2, ♥️2, ♣️2, ♠️K, ♥️6
|Two Pairs||2 cards of one rank. 2 cards of another rank. 1 card of a third rank. |
Example: ♥️J, ♣️J, ♣️4, ♥️4, ♥️9
Joker Poker Payout Table
|Five of a Kind||200|
|Royal Flush with Joker||100|
|Four of a Kind||20|
|Three of a Kind||2|
|Pair of Kings or Aces||1|
Best Strategy for Joker Poker
The best strategy for Joker Poker, is to know when to discard a joker card, and when to not discard a joker card. Below we will explain to you the best strategy to use when you play Joker Poker.
Here is what you should do if you are dealt a hand WITH a joker card:
- Joker card only = Discard all your other 4 cards
- Joker card with a Jack = Discard your other 3 cards
- Joker card with 10, 5 or 9 = Discard your other 3 cards
- Joker card with a 6, 7 or an 8 = Discards your other 3 cards
- Joker card with Ten, Jack, King = Discard your other card
- Joker card with Ten, Queen, King = Discard your other card
- Joker card with Jack, Queen, King = Discard your other card
- 4 to a Flush with no Ace or King card = Discard your other card
- A draw to a straight that is missing the 1st of the last cards in a row = Discard your other card
- 3 to a Straight Flush with 2 openings = Discard your other 3 cards
- 4 to a Flush with minimum Ace o King = Discard your other card
- 3 of a kind or straight = keep all your 3 cards with the straight and discard your other 2 cards with three of a kind
- 4 to a Straight flush = Discard your other card
- 4 to a Straight flush with no opening. 3,4,5,6 or higher = Discard your other card
- 4 to a Wild Royal with King high = Discard your other card
- Full House = keep all your 5 cards
- 4 to a wild Royal with King high = discard your other card
- Any hand which is 4 of a kind or better = discard your other card if you got exactly 4 of a kind
Here is what you should do if you are dealt a hand WITHOUT a joker card:
- Suited Ten, Jack = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Jack, Queen = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Ten, Queen = Discard your other 3 cards
- Single Ace, King = Discard your other 4 cards
- Suited Ten, Ace = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Jack, Ace = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Queen, Ace= Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Ten, King = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Jacks, King = Discard your other 3 cards
- Suited Queen, King = Discard your other 3 cards
- 3 to a Straight Flush with 2 openings
- Suited Ace, King = Discard your other 3 cards
- 4 to a Flush = Discard your other card
- AA = Discard your other 3 cards
- KK = Discard your other 3 cards
- 2 pairs = Discard your other card
- 3 to a Royal Flush with K or Q high = Discard your other 2 cards
- 4 to a Straight Flush = Discard your other card
💎 Is Joker Poker Legal in the USA?
Yes. Joker Poker is legal in the USA. Joker Poker is a game of skill and all games of skill are legal according to the Supreme Court.
💎 What is the Best Way to Win on Joker Poker?
The best way to win on Joker Poker is to know how to manage your cards whether or not you are dealt with the Joker card. Read our strategy on this page for details.
💎 Is Joker Poker Rigged?
No. Joker Poker is not rigged. Joker Poker uses random number generators to ensure that every round is fair and honest.
💎 What is the RTP in Joker Poker?
The RTP in Joker Poker is 98.60%.
💎 What is the Best Casino to Play Joker Poker?
Each casino has its own benefits. A good starting point is to choose one of our recommended casinos on this page, so you can make up your own mind.
💎 Is the Joker Card Used in Joker Poker?
Yes. A joker card is used in Joker Poker and can be used as a wild card.