How to Play Blackjack
Before you go ahead to play online blackjack for the first time, you must know the basic rules. Some of the things to bear in mind include how to place bets, determine your score, and choose your move.
For bet placing, each player must first place an initial bet before the dealer gives out the playing cards. The minimum bet is usually $5. The maximum bet varies greatly depending on the casino site. Some sites even have unlimited bets.
In Online Blackjack all number cards equal their face value. All face cards equal 10. Ace equal 1 or 11.
Once the initial bets are placed, the dealer will proceed to hand two cards to each player, and for himself. Online blackjack is played with 1 to 9 deck of 52 cards each. The dealer turns one of his cards facing up for everyone to see. The second card, which will be left to face down, is called the hole card. At this point in the game, you, as a player, can see your cards so you can determine your score.
The values of the cards equals their numerical value from 2-10. All face cards (Jack, Queen, King) equal 10 and the Ace equal 1 or 11.
The next thing you must do is choose if you want a new card (hit me) or skip. The goal is to win the dealer by getting a score that is closest to 21. If you get 21 or if you are closer to 21 than the dealer you win. If you get a sum that exceeds 21, you lose.
Popular Blackjack Variants
There are different types of online blackjack available for players to choose from. Once you know how the game works, it is left to you to choose which variant you prefer. Below are the most popular types of online blackjack.
Live Speed Blackjack
Live Speed Blackjack is 30% faster than standard Online Blackjack. It is played with seven players, each player receives two cards initially. The dealer then deals additional cards to the player who makes the quickest decision.
In addition to traditional bets, you can also bet on three additional side bets. This can increase your chances of winning.
Live Speed Blackjack has a RTP of 99.29%.
Infinite Blackjack has one of the highest RTP thanks to its additional feature called six-card Charlie bonus. What this means is that if you get dealt 6 card, without going bust, you win. It doesn’t matter if the dealer gets Blackjack or a higher card value than you.
Another great feature with Infinite Blackjack is that this live game is played in a quiet setting without any distractions. You won’t see any other dealers or tables, like you normally do with other live blackjack games.
Infinite Blackjack has a RTP of 99.47%.
Bollywood Blackjack is a Blackjack version from Evolution Gaming. In this game the dealer speaks Hindi and the live stream takes place in a Bollywood-themed studio.
There are two types of Bollywood Blackjack games and both of them are based on the standard 7 seat Blackjack. The only difference is the betting range. There are also three optional side bets on both games.
Bollywood Blackjack has a RTP of 99.41%.
American Blackjack is a user-friendly online blackjack variant and offers a few benefits to take down the house edge with ease. Firstly, the dealer in this game is only allowed to peek at his own hand. Also, the dealer in this variant stands on soft 17s and higher. Finally, sticking to the basic strategy may guarantee a player to win a bet double each round.
American blackjack has a RTP of 99.53%.
The classic blackjack is the original variant of online blackjack casino games which is a favorite of many gamblers. The rules of the classic blackjack are easy to learn, and you just might get carried away with the gameplay.
Classic blackjack has a RTP of 99.41%.
High Limit Blackjack
With high limit online blackjack games, players are allowed to enjoy the excitement of big bets. This happens in a blackjack game that has a very small house edge. This could mean enjoying a rollercoaster that could generate a big win, or simply get the blood pumping!
The RTP for this variant is 99.60%.
This is a online blackjack variant that gives players a bigger chance of grabbing a winning hand. The basic classic blackjack rules still apply here. With Multi-hand Blackjack, a player is allowed to play with as many hands as they decide to play with. It all boils down to the maximum hands that have been stipulated by a particular casino.
The most significant advantage in this variant is that many hands offer you a higher chance of winning. You will also get more insight, which can help you predict which cards may still come up.
The RTP for Multi-hand blackjack is 99.60%.
Double Attack Blackjack
This exciting blackjack variation is for players who want to escape the popular classic blackjack rules entertainingly. This game features advantageous rules, 8 Spanish card decks, two thrilling side bets, and high payouts with its good-quality graphics. You can see this variant of blackjack as a perfect one.
The RTP is 99.53%.
Super Fun 21
Super Fun 21 Blackjack is a unique variant of blackjack. This game uses rules from classic blackjack, as well as some rules that are peculiar to the game. In super fun 21, the natural blackjack of a player always beats that of the dealer.
The RTP for Super Fun 21 is 90.10%.
This variant of blackjack was invented in 2009 by a man known as Geoff Hall. In this variant, the croupier will deal you two hands instead of one. Since you in this game have two hands, you can switch the two cards on top between hands.
If you land a Blackjack after the cards are dealt or switch hands, the game pays 1:1 rather than 3:2. Once the croupier gets a 22, it becomes a push automatically, unless you get a Blackjack without switching hands.
The RTP for this blackjack variant is 99.27%.
Perfect Pairs is played in the same way as European Blackjack. The only difference is that Perfect Pairs allows you to place an additional side bet, in addition to the standard bet. You win from the side bet if you get a pair on your two first dealt cards.
The RTP for this blackjack variant is 99.51%.
Blackjack Games With The Highest RTP
- High limit blackjack: 99.60% RTP
- Multi-hand blackjack: 99.60% RTP
- American blackjack: 99.53% RTP
- Double attack blackjack: 99.53% RTP
- Infinite Blackjack: 99.47% RTP
- Classic blackjack: 99.41% RTP
Play Live Online Blackjack Via HD Streaming
Playing blackjack in a live blackjack is much different from regular online blackjack, but there are some similarities.
The technology in both is different, but the method of play is shared between the various providers. Live HD streamed videos with real dealers dealing with actual cards, and launching actual balls is the trend now. HD streaming is the closest thing you can get to a real-life casino experience when playing online.
Several studios offer HD casino experience, and games like blackjack and other online casino games are offered. Some of these studios offer sexy live blackjack where beautiful ladies are either on bikinis or topless. JeetWin for example offers a sexy gaming section on their site.
Where to Play Blackjack Online
If you are a player from the US looking for sites where you can play online blackjack, you can easily find one. Many online casinos offer online blackjack to players from the US. You find a list of such sites in the toplist above.
Try to only opt for online casinos that accept US Dollar so that you don’t have problems with transactions. By choosing a site that accept US Dollars you don’t have to pay any conversion fees.
To play online blackjack at the casino of your choice, the first thing you must do is sign up. Fill in the required details and make your first successful deposit. One your sign up process is successful, and you have money in your balance, you can play online blackjack.
150% Up To $300 Live Casino Bonus + 20 Free Spins
>>Low wagering requirement (12x)
>>Casino & sports betting (1300+ games)
Play Online Blackjack For Real Money or For Free
If you want to play online blackjack with real money or for free as an American player, it is possible. Playing online blackjack for free helps you develop your strategy and find out what works best without risking a dime. Once you have gained the necessary playing skills, you can proceed to play real money online blackjack.
Playing Blackjack for real money is a great way to increase the excitement
Many online casinos allow American players to play online blackjack against the computer for free without signing up. However, to play with real money, you will have to sign up with an online casino and make a deposit.
Note that playing for free is a way of testing the waters and does not involve winning real cash.
Blackjack Terms Explained
- Double down – This happens when a player thinks that they will be able to beat the dealer with one more card. Here, the player is allowed to double his original bet and draw one, and no more than one card.
- Splitting – If a player has two great opening cards, they can “split” the cards and technically have two active hands.
- Hit me – When a player asks for another card from the dealer after they have been given the two opening cards. This usually happens if a player feels that one more card will increase their total score.
- Action – This term is a general one in gambling. The action refers to the full amount of money staked in a particular period. For example, Ten bets of twenty dollars each are $200 of action.
- Face cards – The Queen, King, and Jack are all face cards. In the game of blackjack, each face card is worth 10. This means that Jack = 10, Queen =10, and King = 10.
- High roller – The term ‘high roller’ is used to refer to a big bettor. People who are known to bet huge amounts of money are automatically high rollers.
- Bust – When a player has been dealt with cards that total higher than 21. A player can also bust out if they have stood on less than 21, and the dealer’s total is higher.
- Pair – When the first two cards a player gets are numerically identical (for example, 7,7).
- Soft hands – A soft hand is any hand that has an ace that can still be calculated at 1 or 11.
- Up card – The first card dealt by the dealer that is placed to face up.
To play the game of blackjack online and make some good winnings, you must be familiar with the strategies. Here are some of the critical strategies to keep in mind if you want to play online blackjack:
- Should I surrender? – If you play blackjack at a casino that offers surrender, you can surrender on the first two cards you’re given. You won’t be allowed to surrender if you have already been given a hit card. This is why you must first think of surrender when playing your hand.
- Should I split? – The second most crucial decision is whether you should split or not split. You only consider this option if your first two cards are the same or if you get two ten-valued cards. If the answer you get is NO, you can’t or shouldn’t split; then you know what to do.
- Should I double? – When there is a need to double in basic strategy, it is something to be happy about. Such a situation means you are likely to win that hand. However, some casinos restrict doubling on specific hands, so you may not always get a chance to double. Find out if you can double or not before you move on.
- Should I stand? – The last thing pyouunters must consider when it comes to basic strategy is whether to take another card or not. If you consider the options above and they are not right for your hand, then you would hit or stand.
When To Surrender
- 16 will surrender against dealer 9 through Ace, otherwise do not surrender (you revert to hard totals).
- 15 will surrender against dealer 10, otherwise do not surrender (you revert to hard totals).
When To Split
- Split aces at all times.
- Split tens never.
- A pair of 9’s will split against dealer 2 through 9, asides 7 — otherwise, you stand.
- Split 8’s always
- A duo of 7’s splits against the dealer 2 through 7- otherwise, you hit.
- A duo of 6’s splits against the dealer 2 through 6 – otherwise, you hit.
- A duo of 5’s doubles against the dealer 2 through 9 – otherwise you hit.
- A duo of 4’s splits against the dealer 5 and 6 – otherwise, you hit.
- A duo of 3’s splits against the dealer 2 through 7 – otherwise you hit.
- A duo of 2’s splits against dealer 2 through 7 – otherwise, you hit.
When To Stand
- Soft 20 (A,9) must always stand
- Soft 19 (A,8) will double against dealer 6; otherwise, you stand.
- Soft 18 (A,7) will double against dealer 2 through 6, and will hit against 9 through Ace; otherwise, you stand.
- Soft 17 (A,6) will double against dealer 3 through 6; otherwise, you hit.
- Soft 16 (A,5) will double against dealer 4 through 6; otherwise, you hit.
- Soft 15 (A,4) will double against dealer 4 through 6; otherwise, you hit.
- Soft 14 (A,3) will double against dealer 5 through 6; otherwise, you hit.
- Soft 13 (A,2) will double against dealer 5 through 6; otherwise, you hit.
When To Double
- Eleven will always double.
- Ten will double against dealer 2 through 9 – otherwise, you hit.
- Nine will double against dealer 3 through 6 – otherwise, you hit.
Blackjack Betting System
The Fibonacci Betting System
The sequence used here is 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 144. Each number stands as a betting unit, pick a base betting unit, and climb up the sequence if you lose, and move down two if you win.
The Martingale Betting System
Here, you double your bet if you lose, and you bet your base stake if you win. This system aims to maximize your winning streaks.
The D’Alembert Betting System
Here, you set a base stake and proceed to bet your base wager. If you lose, you have to increase your bet by one unit. If you win, you decrease stakes also by 1 unit.
The Parlay Betting System
Increase your base bet when you win by betting winnings plus the original stake. Go back to base bet if you lose.
Paroli Betting System
Double your bet with a win, and go back to your base stake after 3 wins.
1-3-2-6 Betting System
Repeatedly betting on 1,3,2, and 6 units in each round with winnings. This system works with even money bets.
How To Find The Best Online Blackjack Casino In the US
- Compare bonuses – When searching for the best online blackjack casino in the USA, always remember to compare casino bonuses. The reason why most people last to play online instead of visiting brick and mortar casinos is bonuses. Always remember to read the terms and conditions that accompany each bonus as it is essential.
- Opt for casinos offers US Dollar as payment – When joining an online casino, one challenge you don’t want to face is the difficulty of making payments and withdrawal. Only opt for a casino that accepts US Dollar.
- Check the blackjack section – Make sure to visit the blackjack section before you sign-up. If you like what you see, then it’s up to you.
- Check if the site is safe and legit – Safety should be a priority when selecting the best online casino sites. Make sure you register with a site that is licensed and has a good reputation when it comes to being safe and legit.
How to Withdraw Your Blackjack Winnings
If you win money on real-money online blackjack, one of the most natural things to do is cashing out. To do so, you need to visit the withdrawal section and select a method from the drop-down list. Once a pick has been made, proceed to enter the amount you desire to cash-out.
Best Online Blackjack Software
Blackjack software often varies from one casino to another, but some software is more common than others. When it comes to online blackjack, most casinos are known to lease their software from popular providers that their customers trust.
For online blackjack, below are the best software to look out for.
Microgaming brags of powering the first real online casino, which makes them the oldest highly respected providers of gaming software. They offer a fantastic number of online blackjack variations to choose from, so there is no way you’d be bored.
Microgaming caters mostly to a European market, but they are very much available to American players. Some of the best-known casinos that are powered by Microgaming include Blackjack Ballroom, 32Red, and Crazy Vegas.
Apart from Microgaming, Playtech stands as the largest and most popular provider of casino games to many online gambling sites. The software provider has been around since 1999 and is traded publicly on the London Stock Exchange.
Several casinos make use of Playtech software, including Bet365, and they offer Blackjack Switch with a house edge of 0.14%. Also on offer is a live dealer version of the online blackjack game with a house edge of just 0.5%.
Evolution Gaming offers many Blackjack games such as Live Speed Blackjack and Infinite Blackjack. They also offer Blackjack games where the dealers speak Hindi.
Vegas Strip is a casino software game that is download-based and licensed by Realtime Gaming (RTG). Various Realtime Gaming powered casino websites distribute the software.
Online Blackjack Apps
If you need the best casino apps where you can play online blackjack for real money, there are many of them.
10CRIC is also a casino app that we highly recommend. They offer several online Blackjack games and plenty of bonuses.
Betway is another big name in the casino industry, and they have a mobile app where players can play blackjack.
LeoVegas is one of the leading online casinos for Americans, and they have a mobile app that blackjack players can use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is Online Blackjack?
Online blackjack, also known as virtual blackjack or Internet blackjack, are online versions of the traditional blackjack casino game.
Is Online Blackjack Fixed?
No, online blackjack is not fixed. In most virtual blackjack machines, the outcome is not determined by the random number generator. All the generator does is shuffles the cards.
Is Online Blackjack Legal In the US?
Yes. Any online gambling that happens on sites located outside the US is not illegal. Since most online casinos are located outside the US, online blackjack remains legal.
Which Is The Best Online Blackjacks Site In the US?
There are several good online blackjack sites in the USA, such as Rich Casino. You can find such casinos in this guide.
How Fair Is Online Blackjack?
Quite fair. Though some of the rules are set in favor of the house, it isn’t much different from traditional blackjack.
What Is The Best Version Of Blackjack
The best versions of blackjack include Multi-hand blackjack, American blackjack, Double attack blackjack, and Classic blackjack.